Tools Servicing (Preventive Maintaince & Repairs)
What does maintaining a pneumatic tool entail?
Maintenance involves keeping the tool in good operating condition. There are two types of maintenance:
- Preventive maintenance involves all the simple, regular and foreseeable actions that can be taken to reduce the risks of tool failure. These range from regular lubrication to replacing those parts we can predict will wear out before they cause downtime.
- Corrective maintenance is undertaken reactively and includes any action to repair the tool after an unforeseen failure. This breakdown can be due to a broken part or to lack of correct preventive maintenance.
Preventive maintenance essentials for pneumatic tools
- Ensure the quality and pressure of the air supply. It is important that the air is clean and lubricated, so using a Filter Regulator Lubricator (FRL) will optimize tool performance and lifespan. Precise air specifications will be given in the tool’s operator manual. To learn more, download our free technical guide Is your air tool installation, right?
- Set up and lubricate the tool as instructed. Follow manufacturers’ specifications regarding set up, lubrication and wear parts for each of your tools. Manufacturers’ maintenance kits are designed to make the process even easier. The frequency at which wear parts need changing will be determined by the tool specifications and the application.
- Optimize downtime as well as uptime. When a pneumatic tool is taken out of the production line to carry out planned maintenance, use the time to do a visual check and evaluate the wear of other parts too. If disassembly and reassembly are required, make sure these are performed according the manufacturer’s recommendations as well as using original spare parts.
- Store tools well. When they are not being used they should be kept in a storage away from damp environments or extreme temperatures, following the recommendations found in tools’ user manual.
If you want to get your Industrial Tools serviced, please reach out to us on +91 731 4070851, or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.